For IIT aspirants, the most exciting time is December. This is the time around the admission notice will be delivered and the students are quite excited as they’re going to approach the first step in the admission process to the most prestigious institutions in India i.e. IITs. Their preparation becomes more intensive. However, submission of the application is a process that need to be executed very carefully. With the advancement of the technology and the initiatives running in India to move India towards the digital age, the submission of the application is digitized and you can now submit the JEE application online.
Here are the important links for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – 2017 aspirants.
- Important Dates:
- Online application process start date: 1-Dec-2016
- Last date for submitting the online application: 2-Jan-201716-Jan-2017(The change in the last date of online application submission was announced on 30-Dec-2016). Do not wait till the last minute to submit the application. As the last date is approached, the number of people accessing the online application process will be more and you might experience delay if you wait till the last minute. Also, you may not have sufficient time to make any corrections, if required, if you submit the application till last date.(You’ll have one week after the last date for any corrections but make sure that you don’t go for this and every thing is finished well in advance).
- Last date for fee payment: 3-Jan-201717-Jan-2017(The change in the last date of fee payment was announced on 30-Dec-2016). On this one too Do not wait till the last minute to pay the fee, for the reasons specified above.
- JEE(Main)- Paper-1 (B.E./B. Tech.) [Offline examination]: 2-Apr-2017. Reach the exam center well in advance. Make sure that the Admit card is part of the check list before you leave for the exam.
- JEE(Main)- Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning) [Offline examination]: 2-Apr-2017. Make sure you reach the exam center well in advance. Make sure that the Admit card is part of the check list before you leave for the exam.
Time schedule for pen and paper based examination Paper-1(B.E/B.Tech) Paper-2(B.Arch/B.Planning) Date of Examination 2-Apr-2017 (Sunday) 2-Apr-2017 (Sunday) Entry into the examination center 7:00 AM IST 1:00 PM IST Entry into the examination hall 9:00 AM IST 1:30 PM IST Distribution of booklet 9:20 AM IST 1:50 PM IST Seal of the test booklet to be broke/opened to take out the Anser Sheet 9:25 AM IST 1:55 PM IST Last entry into the examination hall 9:30 AM IST 2:00 PM IST Commencement of exam 9:30 AM IST 2:00 PM IST Completion of exam 12:30 PM IST 5:00 PM IST
- JEE(Main)- Paper-1 (B.E./B. Tech.) [Online examination]: 8-Apr-2017 and 9-Apr-2017. Make sure you’re well on time. Make sure that the Admit card is part of the check list before you leave for the exam.
Time schedule for coomputer based examination Dates of examination for Paper-1 (B.E/B.Tech): 8-Apr-2017 and 9-Apr-2017 Morning Session After noon session(if required) Entry into the examination center 7:00 AM IST 1:00 PM IST Entry into the examination hall 9:00 AM IST 1:30 PM IST Last entry into the examination hall 9:30 AM IST 2:00 PM IST Commencement of exam 9:30 AM IST 2:00 PM IST Completion of exam 12:30 PM IST 5:00 PM IST
- Date of availability of the admit card on the site: From March 2nd week, 2017 onwards.
- Display of answer key and image or response (OMR) sheet: 18-22 Apr, 2017
- Declaration of JEE (Main) Paper-1 Score / All India Rank and top 2,20,000 candidates eligible for appearing in JEE (Advanced): 27-Apr-2017
- Declaration of All India Rank JEE (Main) Paper-2: 27-May-2017
- Availability of Score/Rank Cards on website: After declaration of All India Rank (AIR) of JEE (Main)-2017
- Materials to be brought on the day of examination:
- Admit card
- All the required documents
- For paper-2
- Clip board
- Geometry box set
- Colour pencils
- Notice: You can find the admission notice at Admission Notice JEE Main (2017) or Admission Notice JEE Main (2017) in Hindi
- Registration instructions: You can find the registration instructions at http://jeemain.nic.in/jeemainapp/Registration/Instruction.aspx. Reading through all the instructions and understanding them very well is quite essential. Any miss is likely to cause your application to be rejected. So, ensure that these are given due consideration before you proceed to fill the application. It is only through the official website link that you can apply online and no where else. Few things to be noted are
- First of all, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Take help of experienced persons and make sure that you have a good internet connection.
- Have all the required information handy. You can consult the candidates who have already appeared for the examination in the previous years and take their advice.
- The aadhar card (for candidates applying from the states of J&K, Assam and Megalaya refer to the next point)details like name, date of birth and gender should be exactly as they appear in the aadhar card.
- If you still do not have aadhar card, apply for it immediately in the aadhar enrolment centers
- If you do not have aadhar card, to facilitate this, CBSE has set up speciall facilitation centers. The facilitation centers are avalable at http://jeemain.nic.in/WebInfo/Handler/FileHandler.ashx?i=File&ii=58&iii=Y. If there is a delay for receiving your aadhar card details, you can submit the Enrolment ID printed on the aadhar card enrolement slip.
- For some reason, if the aadhar facilitation center is not able to process your aadhar card application, they will provide you a registration number. This registration number should be used while filling the application.
- For candidates from the states of J&K, Assam and Meghalaya either the passport number or bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number should be furnished. They should select the examination center from these states only.
- Parent(s) name should exactly match as provided in the supporting documents. Do not use any suffix or prefix(Sri, Mr., Mrs etc)
- The fee details are different for Pen and paper based examination or computer based examination(computer based examination is only for the paper-1 for B.E/B.Tech aspirants), caste, gender, whether you’re writing examination in India or in any foreign country(where in the JEE centers are available). The details are as follows:
Paper(s) appearing Pen and Paper Based Examination Computer Based Examination(Paper – I (B.E/B.Tech) only) (General/OBC) (SC/ST/PwD) (General/OBC) (SC/ST/PwD) FOR EXAMINATION CENTER OPTED IN INDIA JEE (Main) Paper-1 (B.E/B.Tech)
or JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch/B.Planning) only
Boys1000 Boys1000 Boys500 Boys250 Girls500 Girls500 Girls250 Girls250 Both JEE (Main) Paper-1 (B.E/B.Tech) and JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch/B.Planning) Boys1800 Boys900 Boys1300 Boys650 Girls900 Girls900 Girls650 Girls650 FOR EXAMINATION CENTER OPTED IN FOREIGN COUNTRY JEEE (Main) Paper-1 (B.E/B.Tech)
JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch/B.Planning) only
Boys2500 Boys1250 Boys2500 Boys1250 Girls1250 Girls1250 Girls1250 Girls1250 JEEE (Main) Paper-1 (B.E/B.Tech) and JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch/B.Planning) only Boys3800 Boys1900 Boys3800 Boys1900 Girls1900 Girls1900 Girls1900 Girls1900
- Credit card fee payment an additional service tax of 1.2%. For debit card payment, the service charge will be 0.75%(if the fee is below or equal to Rs. 2000) or 1%(if the examination fee is more than Rs. 2000). Make sure that after payment, the acknowledgement page is generated. If the acknowledgement page is not generated then the payment reverted(this might take upto one week) and you’ve to pay again. If the acknowledgement page is not generated even after the payment of the fee, get in touch with the concerned bank/branch so as to enable the transaction details and ensure that the transaction is processed and updated.
- You can also pay by bank challan. Note that you can pay through Syndicate bank or Canara bank or ICICI bank or HDFC bank. When you chose the pagement by e-chalan, the e-chalan will be generated. Make should that it has all the details correct. Take it to the bank/branch and pay. After the payment is processed by the bank, you’ll be able to download the aknowledgement. If the acknowledgement page is not generated even after the payment of the fee, get in touch with the concerned bank/branch so as to enable the transaction details and ensure that the transaction is processed and updated.
- You will need to choose the password and security question/answer. Choose something secure but at the same time easy to remember/recollect for you.
Few points to consider to choose these details are
- Password length should be beween 8 to 13 characters long.
- Password should have atleast one upper case alphabet
- Password should have atleast one lower case alphabet
- Password should have atleast one numeric value
- It should have atleast one special characters e.g. !@#$%^&*-
- Do not disclose the password to any one under any circumstances.
- You can reset the password lateron, if required. For this
- You need to provide the security question / answer that you’ve choosen while filling the form.
- Or you’ll be sent a verfication code through SMS to your registered mobile number. Enter this code.
- Or you can request for a reset link to be sent to your email address. Clicking on the reset link will enable you to change your password.
Just because there is an option, aspirants should exercise all the means possible, to remember the password.
- Documents/Certificates uploaded
- They should be as clear as possible.
- All the documents should be of jpg/jpeg format. No gif. No png. No other format.
- Document size: Should be between 4kb and 40kb. Not less than 4kb and not more than 40kb.
- Document dimensions: Should be exactly 3.5 cm (width) × 4.5 cm (height)
- Signature size: Should be between 1 kb and 30 kb. Should not be less than 1kb. And should not be more than 30kb.
- Signature dimensions: Should be exactly 3.5 cm(length) × 1.5 cm (Height)
- Note that for the documents the height is 4.5 cm and for signature the height should be 1.5 cm.
- You can modify these details before payment of fee. Once the payment of fee is made or e-Challan is downloaded, you’ll not be able to modify these. You can make changes to the uploaded documents at <Remove Discrepancy in Uploaded Image(s). As this is a time consuming process, make sure that you’ve uploaded these documents to be good in the first attempt itself.
- Note down the application no. printed. This number should be used for all the correspondence carried out. This is very important. Make sure you write it at 3 or 4 places atleast and it should be accessible. Better yet, learn it by heart.
- All of the correspondence pertaining to the JEE (Main) – 2017 should be addressed to the Executive Director, JEE (Main), Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE), Plot No. 149, Block – H,Sector – 63, Noida – 201309, Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.).
- Make sure that you check the check box on the site indicating that you’ve read all the instructions and fully understood them before proceeding to fill the online application.
- Spend more time on preparation. If you have not yet started the preparation and aspiring to take the JEE, then you can refer to the study material available at JEE Study material