The following is the brief summary of the various chapters covered in the CBSE class 12 entrepreneurship book.
Visit any of the entrepreneurship chapter lesson page and go through the solution provided.
1. Entrepreneurial Opportunity: This chapter is focused on giving the student an insight into the basics of the business opportunities. After completing this chapter the students will be able to understand the various elements required for sensing the business opportunities. There is an introduction to how the environment is scanned for business opportunity and what are the various factors primarily controlling the business environment. They come across the idea fields and understand various aspects associated with the idea fields and learn about the various opportunities regarding tapping the ideas and convert them to viable business opportunities. They study the trend spotting. The creative and innovative processes are explained in detail in this chapter.
2. Enterprise Planning: This chapter focuses on teaching the students about the various economic activities, various forms of business organization. They will be able to get insight into the intricacies of the business plan, organization plan, production plan, human resources plan, operational plan, financial plan and marketing plan. They will also learn about the various processes required to start a business
3. Enterprise Marketing: In this chapter, the students will be able to learn about the goal-setting with emphasis on SMART goals. The prime focus will be to teach the students about the different marketing strategies followed in an organization especially the 4Ps of marketing. Students study about the various selling techniques followed by a firm. They get introduced to the brand, logo and tagline. They learn the various forms of negotiation, learn about the critical requirement of a customer. This chapter also focuses on the critical of the employees management and vendor management. They learn about the significant role the quality plays to bring about customer satisfaction. This chapter concludes with the various factors that makes a business fail.
4. Enterprise Growth Strategies: Every organization will be striving for growth. One way to achieve growth is through franchising. This chapter focuses on various types of franchising in a business. How a business can grow through mergers and acquisitions. Students learn about the different kinds of mergers, get an understanding of the acquisitions, the various factors that lead to the mergers and acquisitions. It also introduces the students to various reasons why the mergers and acquisitions fail. It also explains about the value addition, ensures that the learners learn about the value chain with a focus on how to manage the value chain.
5. Business Arithmetic: In this chapter students learn about the unit price, learn how to compute the Break even point for multiple products, learn about the inventory control, Economic Order Quantity, the basics of cash flow projection, necessity of a working capital. They also get introduced to the financial management and budgeting, learn how to arrive at ROI (Return on Investment), learn about the Return on Equity.
6. Resource Mobilization: In this chapter, students learn about the significance of various funds needed by an enterprise, how to raise funds. They also learn about the method of flotation for new issues arising. A basic introduction is provided regarding how to use stock exchange to procure the funds, learn the role played by SEBI in the process. An introduction is given to the concept of the angel investors and venture capital. They also understand the role by IDBI, IFCI, IIBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SIDC, SFC, TFCI.